It may be of interest that in some cases blocks of parameter values in
RFC 9542 and its predecessors back though RFC 5342 are assigned under
a policy called, in these RFCs, "IESG Ratification". This provides for
Expert Review and then, if the Expert approves or is uncertain, the
final decision is made by the IESG. See Section 5.1.2 of
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc9542/
(https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9542.html#name-expert-review-and-iesg-ratif).

Thanks,
Donald
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 d3e...@gmail.com