On Dec 3, 2006, at 23:33:04, Nick Mathewson wrote:

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 11:26:48AM -0500, Jay Goodman Tamboli wrote:

 [...]
      Secondly, is there anything Tor can do to
improve the situation, like requesting a second lookup via another
circuit if one reports a failure, or maybe not caching failures?

The most helpful thing from my point of view would be to try to figure
out whether there's any pattern to the failures.  Are some versions of
Tor broken for DNS lookups?  If so, that's the problem we should try
to fix first.  If you can identify any servers that fail on lookups
particularly often, that would be a great place to start.

I'm happy to report that after a couple of weeks of scanning, I found no Tor servers that returned incorrect DNS information. However, whenever I get a DNS lookup failure, SOAT reports the last exit node as 0. Mike, does this mean it was unable to establish a circuit?

/jgt
--
http://tamboli.cx/
PGP Key ID: 0x7F2AC862B511029F


Attachment: PGP.sig
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

Reply via email to