Jeff wrote:
On 10-Dec-06, at 2:08 PM, KT wrote:Det. Wheeler : Let's start by tracing the server they used to upload the videosIra: I tried that but… It was routed through special proxies, er…Tor server.Capt. Ross: In English Ira. Ira: It's a way of posting anonymously online. Capt. Ross: Why would a teenage vlogger hide her server?I laugh when they just pinpoint the source of ANY internet transmission at the snap of their fingers in those shows. I always thought to myself "I'd like to see that work against Tor!" Heck, if I was a criminal... *shifty eyes*..... I'd at least use something to cover my tracks, they make it look like no one does. It's good to see fantasy catch up with reality once in awhile! =)
Me too - This night's numbers also just mentioned onion routing, and within the same five minutes, they managed to write a program to crack it, do so, and trace an IP to an address...Atleast the numbers were reasonable - the clearly fake IP addresses(645.872.123.632) always scare me.
-- GnuPG key ID is 0xE7D2ABB9
signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

