Florian Reitmeir wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008, Olaf Selke wrote:
today I found the tor network status update script for my TNS site
http://torstatus.blutmagie.de broken. The Perl code feeding the underlying
MySQL db relies on a unique router name for the tor server being queried.
Since some hours besides my own tor node there's listed a second tor node
in China named "blutmagie" in the descriptor table. It appears to be using
a Chinese dialup address. Oops!
Fixing the TNS Perl code was not very hard, but what may be the reason some
idiot in China choses the same router name like me?
because there is no trademark on router names?
personally I don't care very much about someone else using my router
name, but there seems to be some motivation to do so. Would you label
your router in a foreign language you probably don't understand?
On December 22nd police contacted me regarding an incident in Macao.
Someone threatened Chinese authorities using my exit gw. Compared with
other police inquiries against me this time I had the feeling they
really got pressure from Berlin.
Olaf