Works here with torify, though painfully slow. You might chose a stream
which uses less bandwidth:

$ ./torify mplayer -playlist
http://wstreaming.zdf.de/zdf/veryhigh/080609_smm.asx
STREAM_ASF, URL:
mms://c36000-o.w.core.cdn.streamfarm.net/36000zdf/ondemand/3546zdf/zdf/zdf/08/06/080609_smm_vh.wmv
Resolving c36000-o.w.core.cdn.streamfarm.net for AF_INET...
Connecting to server c36000-o.w.core.cdn.streamfarm.net[217.243.250.24]:
1755...
Connected

By the way, Switzerland-Turkey 1:1 :-)

Have fun,