On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Tom Hek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Torbutton blocks Flash because Flash doesn't use Tor and would destroy your > anonimity. > > Tom > > sean darcy wrote: >> >> I have firefox 3.0.1, tor button 1.2, tor-0.1.2.19-1.fc9.i386 , >> privoxy-3.0.8-2.fc9.i386 >> >> flash won't play with tor enabled. tor disabled it works fine. >> >> For instance, http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ >> >> Do I need some new setting? >> >> Thanks for any help. >> >> sean >> > >
If you really need to access a flash script you could set up CGIProxy (http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/) to route through Tor, and then connect to a local CGIProxy proxy with it's settings enabled for rewriting scripts. This will not, of course, guarantee your anonymity. I would combine it by putting the CGIProxy on another machine (or virtual machine), then set your firewall to block any/all requests that are not to that machine or localhost. This should help protect against failed rewrites by CGIProxy, and potentially retain the anonymity provided by Tor. Please correct me if I am wrong! Kasimir -- Kasimir Gabert

