I thought you could run tor without a torrc file and it will default to client mode with default settings.Also, I did a build with 0.2.1.7-alpha about two weeks ago with no problems. Are you building from source? Are you using a pre-packaged version? Where did you get it from?
- Kyle On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Praedor Atrebates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I went ahead and tried to use tor-0.2.1.7 again and again it has failed > without any debug information or error messages or anything else to explain > why it refuses to run. > > If I totally delete my ~/.tor directory and start tor from the CLI, it will > start and run for a little while (say less than a minute) and then just > quit. > If I then try to start it again, it is an IMMEDIATE fail without any > messages > to explain why. > > Using Tork, I use the First Run Wizard to try to get tor and tork setup and > then hit the "start tor" button. It starts out as if it is going to work, > usually doing the "bootstrapping" thing until about 90%, then POOF, no more > tor and any attempt to start it again immediately fails. > > Can someone please supply me with a torrc file that actually works with > 0.2.1.7-alpha (with your own personal settings altered) so I can try that? > The torrc.sample that comes with the 0.2.1.7 install doesn't work when I > try > to manually edit it instead of using Tork. > > praedor >

