The "Are you using Tor?" page at http://check.torproject.org/ sometimes tells
me that I am not using Tor, even with Tor and Torbutton running. It has only
done that soon after starting Tor and the browser.
________________________________
From: Luis Maceira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:15:27 PM
Subject: Firefox,Torbutton leaks real IP Address.
The combination Firefox-3.0.3(in fact,Iceweasel-3.0.3),Torbutton-1.2.0 leaks my
real IP
address.This happens BETWEEN when I initiate Tor-0.2.0.31 with the bash command
/usr/local/tor/bin/tor and the moment when Tor effectively establishes a
connection-circuit.
This can be 60 seconds or more,and if in between we connect to the Internet with
Firefox-Torbutton the real IP address is used(even with torbutton running-green)
I tested with www.showmyip.com and others.My fear is if the same could happen
when Tor changes circuit by ten-ten minutes or so,when leaves the previous
circuit to the next one.(what happens in the transition moments).I did not test
that situation.
Thanks.