Just to follow up on this, I ran a server on Verizon FIOS and Comcast to test 0.2.1.7 a piece of hardware I'm working on.Verizon FIOS worked great. Tor was even cross-compiled for ARM architecture. I ran it for a few days. No problems here.
Comcast would catch any invalid DNS request and re-direct the request to their search site. The way I solved this was to change my DNS servers to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2and not use the DNS servers comcast gives out with DHCP. Just my 2 cents. - Kyle On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:52 AM, Alessandro Donnini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote: > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- > Hash: SHA1 > > Hello, > > 0.2.1.7 in relay node configuration has been running apparently normally > for the > last 30 hours. > > The only message (recurring) in the log is: > > Dec 05 07:45:26.964 [Notice] We stalled too much while trying to write 179 > bytes > to address [scrubbed]. If this happens a lot, either something is wrong > with > your network connection, or something is wrong with theirs. (fd 19720, type > Directory, state 1, marked at main.c:704). > > My Internet connection is FIOS (fiber from Verizon), and I don't seem to be > having problems with it. > > Alex > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > > On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 10:36:55PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote > 0.8K bytes in 26 lines about: > > : So far, so good, Tor is configured to run as a relay node (nessuno), > and seems > > : to be running normally. The logs appear to be normal (no warnings or > errors). > > > > Great. If you see errors relating to nameservers, please keep us > > informed. > > > > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- > Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32) > Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org > > iEYEARECAAYFAkk5JCIACgkQ3ju7mowpX9VHAwCeMDZq9OVh00JXedosILn3E1oc > tjsAn0V/eEhm4yOJF4eqSBRyBpWfsA61 > =FnTX > -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- >

