On 2009-07-01 Scott Bennett wrote: > On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:34:38 +0200 Ansgar Wiechers wrote: >> On 2009-06-30 Scott Bennett wrote: >>>>>> On 2009-06-30 Scott Bennett wrote: >>>>>>> Just standard netiquette for followups to messages posted on mailing >>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ >>> What about it? >> >> Had you taken an actual look at RFC 1855 you wouldn't have to ask. > > Once again your presumption is mistaken. I had indeed read that > gloriously opaque stretch of text, though it has been a while since I > last suffered through it. > In any case, I did not refer to that document, as your latest > remark above tacitly admits, but rather to the generally accepted > practice that had been discovered decades ago to be what worked most > satisfactorily by the participants of countless mailing lists.
RFC 1855 === standard netiquette Like it or not. > Perhaps this is a language issue. Or perhaps the issue is that the netiquette just doesn't state what you said it would. Regards Ansgar Wiechers -- "The Mac OS X kernel should never panic because, when it does, it seriously inconveniences the user." --http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2004/tn2118.html

