*Position: **Oracle DBA*

*Duration: 6 months+*

*Location: **Middletown NJ*

*Job Description*

Ø  Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing,
education and production usage.

Ø  Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the
databases. The DBA works closely with system administration staff because
computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the
Oracle Databases.

Ø  Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.

Ø  Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other
tools that access the Oracle database.

Ø   Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.

Ø  Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.

Ø  Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and
ensure maximum uptime of the database.

Ø  Provides technical support to application development teams. This is
usually in the form of a help desk. The DBA is usually the point of contact
for Oracle Corporation.

Ø  Create new database users as required.

Ø  Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.

Ø  Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and
development tools.

*Skill Description*

Ø  5-7 yrs. of Oracle DBA experience

Ø  Good knowledge of OS and physical database design

Ø  Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organization.

Ø  Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.

Ø  Good skills in all Oracle tools.

Ø  Good knowledge of Oracle security management and good knowledge of how
Oracle acquires and manages resources.

Ø  Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and
menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.

Ø  Sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.

Ø  DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.

Ø  DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development
teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.

--
*Thanks & Regards*

*Rathna Kumar*
*Global Information Systems, Inc*29777 Telegraph Rd *I* Suite 2450 *I*
 Southfield *I *MI-48034
Ph: 248 223 9800 x 214 *I *Fax: 248.266.8320
*v...@gissite.com <v...@gissite.com>* *I *www.GISSite.com
<http://www.gissite.com/>