Reply to sow...@delviom.com
*Need Only GC & Citizens*
*Java Consultant Ruby on Rails & Django,*
*Duration: Long term (3 years)*
*Location: Bethesda, MD*
This position is for a junior developer to join the Digital Repository
development team with our client. The Digital Repository digitally
preserves and makes accessible content at the client’s site, including
books, films and images. The Digital Repository is a best-of-breed system
that heavily makes use of and customizes open-source software tools such as
Fedora Commons, Solr, Blacklight, Djatoka, Loris, NWU BookViewer, Tomcat,
Java and MySQL.
· Develop software for repository data processing, including code
to obtain, create, parse and transform text, XML, pdf and binary files, and
to invoke image and video manipulation routines.
· Develop software for repository ingest processing, including code
to create, move and replicate files and directories, to manage and invoke
ingest procedures, and to obtain and report on file and process status.
· Develop software for repository data preservation, including code
to store, migrate, replicate, validate and audit files, data and metadata.
· Develop software to automate and integrate the above processes,
using toolsets such as Camel.
· Develop application code to integrate with open source and
third-party systems for data retrieval, replication, and task automation,
scheduling and status.
· Develop prototype and production user interfaces using Ruby on
Rails, Django, or Java.
· Develop and execute software unit and test cases to test system
functionality, performance, security and scalability.
· Develop other software as needed to support the Digital
· Store and version source code using the project version control
· Track development progress using the project issue tracking tool.
· Document system administration, data manipulation, and scripted
procedures using the project wiki.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or
Two to four years of experience in software development in Java.
Experience with XML, XSLT and UNIX shell scripting.
Familiarity with a UNIX shell environment.
HTTP, HTML, and digital repository software is helpful.
Familiarity with RDF, XQuery, SQL, Fedora Commons, Camel, JMeter a plus.
Can keep abreast of and quickly learn new technologies.
Can carefully manage code and data in a production system.
Strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills.
*Team Lead - Staffing*
[image: delviom 600]
44790 Maynard Square Suite #280
Ashburn VA 20147
Office: (703) 596-3452
This email message is from Delviom LLC and is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s), and may contain confidential and privileged
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the
sender by reply email, and destroy all copies of the original message. You
may not distribute, disseminate or copy this email. Please note that all
email within Delviom LLC is subject to continuous and ad hoc filtering,
scrutiny, and reporting. This applies also to incoming email.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/oraapps.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.