Hi,

Hope you're doing great!

*Job Title:Data Scientist I*

*Location:**Detroit, MI*

*Duration:6+ Months*

The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense
passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new
opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their
loyalty for life.  Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for
growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to
unleash your ambition.

*Major Duties and Responsibilities*

   - Pursues problem identification and impact across large vehicle
   populations, leveraging data mining, predictive modeling, simulation and
   visualization techniques to further enhance insight and internal
   performance optimization
   - Perform hands-on analysis, search pattern design, mining automation
   development and data reduction execution
   - Mentors others to develop analytical skill sets throughout the
   organization
   - Maintain the latest knowledge in software and hardware products or
   services, trends, and identify best solutions to meet business requirements
   - Establish strong working relationship with peer teams to review
   requirements/problem areas and establish the appropriate statistical
   techniques to apply on available data
   - Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data
   sources
   - Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and
   communicate those to peer teams
   - Analytics that support Complex Event Processing and Real-Time Event
   Processing in the context of Big Data
   - Acts as the subject matter expert for Data Analytics as it pertains
   both Predictive and Prescriptive analysis and ensure alignment with
   industry best practices

*Skills and Abilities*

   - Bachelors or M.S. in a relevant technical field
   - Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative
   approaches
   - Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume,
   high-dimensionality data from varying sources
   - The ability to demonstrate competency in the following areas:
   classification, regression, similarity matching, clustering, co-occurrence
   grouping, profiling, link prediction, data reduction, visualization, and
   causal modeling
   - A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard
   questions with data
   - A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels
   of precision
   - Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear,
   precise, and actionable manner
   - Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python or PHP
   - Familiarity with relational or NoSQL database queries
   - Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, Matlab, or SAS
   - Experience working with large data sets, leveraging distributed
   computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)

*Experience*

   - 4+ years of experience in a relevant role
   - Experience in machine learning, statistical analysis, building
   predictive models
   - Automate customer risk scoring using statistical modeling techniques
   - Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models
   - Applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to
   build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems
   - Utilizes patterns and variations in the volume, speed and other
   characteristics of data supporting the initiative, the type of data (e.g.
   Images, text, clickstream or metering data) in predictive analysis
   - Work directly with both internal and external resources to ensure
   timely completion of assigned deliverables, while managing multiple
   priorities
   - Possess critical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities and be
   productive in a team environment
   - Develop and build reporting solutions based on existing requirements,
   hypothetical needs/want’s, models and delivery methods
   - Be self-directed, proactive, and able to think beyond the immediate
   problem
   - Become a Subject Matter Expert in the business by being able to
   understand the business operations, reporting requirements and deliver
   insights that will drive the business forward

This is a business-facing role. Candidates who have experience in this
field are preferred

*Best Regards,*

*Rahul Goswamy **Sr. IT Recruiter*

*Yomp Software, Inc *460W 42nd St, Suite # 59G, New York, NY 10036 USA
*917-732-7354 X 121* || ra...@yompsoft.com || www.yompsoft.com