We are slowly getting closer to migrating (exp/imp) from
Oracle7/Netware to Oracle8/NT (/Win2k), and are doing some
budget planning in relation to what backup software to use.

Campus datacenter SAs are telling me that they are currently
using Veritas for NT4, but moving to Legato (see appended).
Does anyone have any advice on using one or the other for
doing Oracle8 on Win2k server? Also, a Oracle8/NT4 dba in
another dept. is just using "native NT backup with scripts"
(cold backup). I suppose I have that option also, but am
wondering if the "native NT backup" has any major downside(s)
-say with reference to Netware3 "SBACKUP.NLM" - that any of
y'all know about.

ep