Yes, that's what the error message is all about.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 11:15 AM
Subject: Parameter obsolete

Hello list,
This question is not a matter or life or death but a curiosity I have.
I´m working with Oracle 8.1.6 and NT. Each time I open the database, I get the next message in the XXXALERT.log :
      Obsolete system parameters with specified values:
      distributed_lock_timeout
I included it the init.ora file following a friend advice, but i have read that it has no sense in this Oracle version, so, could anybody tell me if I can delete it?

TIA
--
Beatriz Martínez Jiménez
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]