-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 3:03 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hello All:

We are a Windows shop developing a software product that runs on an Oracle
database.  Most of our clients also run Oracle on Windows.  Recently, a
couple of our new clients have decided to run our database on a UNIX server
instead of NT server.  I do not know what flavour of UNIX our clients have.
I know the slashes go in the other direction in UNIX scripts, but can
anybody tell me the UNIX equivalent of COPY, MKDIR, CD, ECHO, and REM?

Here are a few lines of the batch file we use to install our product.  Can
anybody help me to convert DOS batch file commands to generic UNIX script
commands?

-------snip-------
@ECHO OFF
ECHO ³          To run this installation please type (at the CD-ROM prompt)
³
IF "==%1" GOTO NODRIVE
CD\
MKDIR %1:\DB543
COPY \SERVER\SCRIPTS\Install.bat   %1:\DB543\SERVER\SCRIPTS\Install.bat
>NUL:
:NODRIVE
REM this is a remark
call %1:\DB543\SERVER\Scripts\Install.bat parm1 parm2 parm3

sqlplus system/manager@db

Thanks for your help.

Sam

Author: Sam Bootsma