List hi!
I have a "few" questions on thet subject:

What we need:

        Primary site -  24x7 OLTP database access

         Backup site -
                a. Failover site
                b. Disaster & Recovery site
                c. Reporting database

        - In case of loosing funcionality one of the site takes the
production on itself
        - The Hardware and Software at the Bakup site should be used for
production
a. Aplication servers on all sites work in load balancing (end users should
not be aware that they are working at the other site).
b. Database server on backup site should be used  for reporting
- REPORTS are created through our applications (possibilly writing records
in some temporary tables)
- Stopping of production because of  all types of changes (upgrade of RDBMS,
changes in structure of the tables, ...) must be minimal, preferable none!

Idea:
        Through the combination of Symmetrix EMC2 disks, SRDF (Symmetrix
Remote Data Facilities)
        and Time Finder (EMC2 software) make up-to-date reporting Oracle
instance on target
        (backup) site.

What do we want to know?

1. Are we on the write way, (do you have any other idea)?
2. Does that concept have some misses?
3. What is your opinion and experience on that subject?
4. What is your experience with implementing and administering of such
configuration?
5. Could you explain us basic concept of starting up of target database
through SRDF and
   Time Finder. Sales people from EMC2 told us that some APIs are used for
this purpose.
   Do we have to customize it, or write some programs or scripts?
6. Do you use some special monitoring tools?
7. Could you describe us your step-by-step scenario for starting up target
system in case of primary site        failure, and specially if your target
site at the time of the failure is open for reporting.
8. What if:
        - primary site server fails (loosig data in cache)?
        - EMC storrage system fails ?
        - Network fails?
        - Corrupted blocks (Oracle side)?
9. Have you ever experienced failure and downtime?
10. After all, do you recommend us such configuration?

TIA,
        Sonja

Author: =?windows-1250?Q?Sonja_=8Aehovi=E6?=