Chris,
 Does the destination table have to be recoverable? If not you could built the table
with the UNRECOVERABLE clause and your problem is solved.
 In large inserts from one table to another for archive purposes, I get around the
large RBS problem by using a procedure with a commit every 200000 records. Works fine
and I kick it off and you home.
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/22/01 09:35PM >>>
I have the following scripts:

insert into table
select * from table2
;

So if use the about bulk statement in my
application, and the table2 is big, say 10
million records, my concern is that it's
going to fail because of the possible rollback
segments failure. So then I have to use PL/SQL
to create a cursor and commit every 50000 records.
What's the disadvantage of this?Will it be much slower
than a bulk insert?

Can I do it another way: create a stored procedure
for this bulk insert, then pin this procedure in
memory, does it still have RBS problem?

Anyone has similar experience?

Thanks in Advance,

Chris