----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 12:20 PM

> HI..
> can someone please tell me a 'bit more'
> about HP does it follow the 'basic tenets' of UNIX
> or is it a 'freak deviant' version of UNIX (like AIX!!!)..
>
>  For starters what is service guard please?
>  is it a cluster software? or RAID software to handle
>  disk boxes?
>

>  How 'different' is HP unix from Solaris?
>  (both from a DBA's point of view and sys admin's point of view)!
>
>  Thanks

fault toulerence and reliable. If we tune the OS and DB then we can get
maximum performance. One word of caution is that, if u use Mc Servicegaurd
then u shud go for OPS. Which works for only on RAW partitions.
Administration will not be a easy job. Instead go for AutoRAID box which HP
has got. It converts itself bet RAID5 and RAID1/0.

> My recomendation will be for RAID10, where u have disk mirroring,stripping
and protection for Data and better performance.

> I have not worked with SUN. But i have heard that the native
code,compilation and testing of oracle is in the SUN OS.

Author: Allan Nelson