selected web sites containing info on "computer access"
technologies for disabled (visually impaired) users:

T o : O D T U G - D E V 2 K - L @ f a t c i t y . c o m
Date sent:              Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:13:43 -0800

(fwiw)
I think these are some of the larger national (usa) clearing house
type operations for general info on computer accessibility for
disabled persons:

   http://www.rit.edu/~easi
   -
   http://www.rit.edu/~easi/itnews/index.htm
   -

Links:

   http://www.rit.edu/~easi/other.htm

Web contest entries (example sites):

    http://www.rit.edu/~easi/entrants.htm

Norm Coombs, CEO EASI: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dick Banks, CIO EASI: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Questions to EASI Postmaster: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Trace Research & Development Center
College of Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison:

  http://www.trace.wisc.edu/
-
  http://www.news.wisc.edu/wisweek/view.msql?id=5641
-
  http://www.trace.wisc.edu/about/faq.htm

Designing More Usable Web Sites (many additional links):

  http://www.trace.wisc.edu/world/web/

(eg, "Netsurfing Without a Monitor" by T. V. Raman:
 http://www.sciam.com/0397issue/0397raman.html , and
 http://www.webable.com/screenreaders.html , and
 http://aware.hwg.org/ , and
 http://www.webaim.org/ , and
 http://www.trace.wisc.edu/world/java/java.htm , and
 http://www.trace.wisc.edu/world/java/jscript.htm , and
 http://www.w3.org/WAI/
)

Grant Funding: http://www.ed.gov/offices/OSERS/NIDRR

  "The United States Department of Education’s Office of Special
  Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS), through
  its National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research
  (NIDRR) ..."

some Trace Center partner links on web accesssibility:

(from http://www.trace.wisc.edu/itrerc/ )

http://www.utoronto.ca/atrc/
-
http://www.cast.org/