I just found out that I will be the DBA on a SQL Server 7 project, and I
have no SQL Server experience.  I am just "overwhelmed" with excitement.  At
any rate, I was hoping someone could answer a few basic questions about
sources of info...

* What would be the equivalent "SQL Server" Metalink and Technet websites
be?  I am assuming that this would be somewhere on www.microsoft.com.

* On Technet I can download various versions of Oracle and play at home.
Where can I find a copy of SQL Server so that I can do the same.

* Any equivalent Fatcity/LazyDBA list servers for SQL Server?

* Any must-have, highly-recommended SQL Server books?

Many thanks for the info!!!

Chris
"Going home this weekend to cry"

P.S. Rachel, is there any chance you are finished with writing that SQL
Server DBA 101 book?

Author: Grabowy, Chris