When I took over the position of Oracle DBA I inherited a number of scripts,
including some
tuning scripts.  Plus through this list and meta-link I have found a number
of resources about
tuning, What I am unsure about is when to capture the information required
for tuning decisions

The scripts I inherited are designed to run every 10 minutes.  This produces
a large amount of
information. Which is okay, but is it over kill.

Scripts I have found on Metalink appear to be designed to run once a day.

Should I design a system that certain things are tracked every 10 min's, and
ones that are
collected at the end of the day, or capture information every 10 mins.

I should note that our databases are most active from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Any tips, links, general advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

Darren Browett P.Eng                                    This message was
transmitted
Systems Admin/DBA                                       using 100% recycled
electrons
Information and Communications Technology.
City of Coquitlam
P:(604) 927 - 3614
E:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: Browett, Darren