Regrettably I don't recognize the e-mail address, but then I don't recognize
too many of them.  At any rate, and I do want to keep this short, That's one
very good article with words of wisdom for BOTH sides in this war of words.  Am
I upset with China, no not really.  I think the leadership could have been more
compliant with international law.  Surely they had the right to restrict where
that Navy crew ventured on the island, but I don't think they should have
demanded an apology right off the bat.  They should also have already allowed us
access to the aircraft for repairs & allowed it to leave, preferably under the
control of the crew that brought it in.  We did as much for a Russian Bear many
years ago.  Is not "what is good for the goose also good for the gander"?

    I regret that the pilot, Wang Wei, did not make it back (GOD give him
eternal peace), but I place the blame for that in his lap.  He had control of
that fighter, and it was his poor judgment that caused the trouble, not anyone
else's.  Fighter jocks as I recall are somewhat brash people.  I know of a
couple of incidents that fall into the same category committed by US pilots,
like the sky car accident in Italy.

    Now whereas I really don't want a political discussion to run amok on an
Oracle list: Robert, lighten up.  You've expressed your opinion, somewhat in a
poor location.  Some of us agree with you, some don't.  That's life.  But at
least we will always give you the chance to speak your mind.

BTW: My compliments to the remainder of the members of the list.  No one that I
read really flamed Robert or tried otherwise to silence him.  Bravo!!

Dick Goulet