AIX 4.3
RDBMS 8.1.6.x

We have a problem using a db link.  The listener-side server port (1521) is
hanging.  This happens about once a week - and ends up crashing the far database
because queries through the link just hang and don't return - then we die with a
max processes error.

Has anyone else had any problems with this?  How did you solve it?  Can I
(should I) get the Oracle listener to listen on more than one port?  What are
some other ways to solve the problem?

PS:  I can connect and query the table when logged in locally.  Other
connections (not using 1521) work to the server.  netstat (and telnet to 1521)
shows only connections thru 1521 are a problem.

thanks,

..tom