This sorta reminds me of the "answer" I got when I asked why
Oracle thought that they deserved all the extra money they
were going to get from increasing annual support costs during
the Oracle6 -> Oracle7 days (aprx. 50% increase each year
for at least a couple of years).

Oracle said that "someone" has to pay for all the extra
development costs for Oracle7. I suggested that besides the
Oracle6 customers (some of whom weren't even using Oracle7
yet), perhaps the *investors* would also be a good source
for such funding.  (duh?)

They didn't know about that! :)

ep

On 25 Apr 2001, at 6:49, (Frank N. Pettinato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) scribbled with
alacrity and cogency: