Suggestions anyone??  I'm attempting to get a standby database to run in
managed recovery mode, so that the archived logs
are automatically applied, however, when running the command 'recover
managed standby database' I receive the following error message:
SVRMGR> recover managed standby database;
ORA-00308: cannot open archived log
'/u03/apps/oracle/admin/db/arch/1_194.arc'
ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory
Additional information: 3

This is after I've brought the primary and standby up to the same max recid
number in the v$log_history.  I have attempted to rebuild the standby
database and also to execute the command 'recover standby database until
cancel' after confirming that all archived log files were in the proper
location, however I'm always prompted for the next archive log which doesn't
exist yet and I can't get into "managed" recovery mode.  I've also went to
the primary database, forced a log switch and then applied the newest
archived log file, but that hasn't worked either.

Richard Huntley
Software Developer
Phone: (800) 223-3732  (614) 880-1817
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]