Oracle 8.1.5 and 7.3.4.5
No Alter System switch logfile performed.
NT 4.0

I am testing some recovery plans, and I tried to restore a cold backup and
roll the database forward.  However, when I went to apply the 1st archive
log since the cold backup it complained about a size of the transaction and
indicated the archive log was corrupted.

When I review all the archive logs on the production system I notice the OS
size of the files are not always the exact same.  Should they be the exact
same size assuming that no one does an "alter system switch logfile"
command?  The archive logs are 10MB each and some appear to be off 1-4k
 Normal = 10241, Others = 10,237,10240,10238)

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Walski
ClassicPlan