That article sounds rather confused (i.e. clueless).

We probably won't jump on it the day it comes out either...
I'm still waiting for "Oracle8i [Version 7]".

The (probably PHB) "database manager who requested anonymity", was
uncharacteristically wise in doing so.  Their quotes sounded like
something straight out of Dilbert!

-OraSaurus

Glenn Travis wrote:

> "DBAs' reaction mixed on Oracle9i clustering"
>
> Oracle Corp.'s real Application Clusters may not be enough for users
> to upgrade to the company's new 9i database software, which is slated
> to be released in a couple of months. Real Application Clusters
> enables nodes to simultaneously access disk drives, giving businesses
> greater scalability in their database operations.
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2717049,00.html
Author: Don Granaman