Take a look at my article on encryption on Oracle.

It can be found at www.cybcon.com/~jkstill/util

It has some solutions ( such as RC4 ) that can
be implemented on Oracle 7.

There's also a Blowfish implementation there courtesy
of Craig Munday.

Keep one thing in mind:  encryption via PL/SQL is not very
fast.  Upgrade to Oracle 8 if possible and you will be much
better off, as you can then use DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT,
or other external encryption libraries.

Jared

Author: Jared Still