HI ALL,
We have to load almost 3 millions records of average row size of 150 bytes.
We are importing data using sqloader with ROWS=4000 and bindsize=8450000 .
We have adjusted the rollback segment to almost  10 m with 8 extents enough
for single transaction size and considering 30% rollback overhead. We
adjusted the OPTIMAL TO 10 M to have avoid rollback extension
Rollback segment, databuffer cache have hit ratio of 100%.

The loading was fast only for first 10 commits but then it slowed like
snail. LOADING TOOK 22 hours in the first run on ORACLE8i NT4 128 megs RAM
.
SGA figures in M :
NAME                     VALUE
-------------------- ---------
Fixed Size            .0676384
Variable Size        239.02734
Database Buffers       39.0625
Redo Buffers         7.8203125
                     ---------
sum                  285.97779
( we can't use direct path due to functions in sqlldr controlfile). .
Couldn't figure out the bottleneck yet.
Any ideas.
TIA
Azhar Siddiq,