Sometimes the obvious isn't obvious...

I had the bulk of the query but was just getting hung
up on the "1st 75 bytes" requirement. It never clicked
with me that the instr( ) function in the dbms_log
package already gave me a position and all I needed to
do was simply constrain it with a "between" clause.

The query below won't work with a blob because the
data is stored as binary so the '.com' needs to be
wrapped in the UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_RAW( ) function first
so the datatypes are compatible.

Thanks again!!!!!!   :-)
-w

Author: Walter K