Dave,

Unfortunately that info is not currently stored
anywhere.  You can find out when the refresh began, by
checking dba_snapshot_refresh_times (there's a bug
where the time in dba_snapshots is listed as some time
in 1950).

You'll be happy to know that 9i will include some new
views that will allow you to monitor a refresh as it's
occurring, when it completed and to how long the
refresh actually took.

Until then, a workaround is to create your own PL/SQL
wrapper to call the appropriate refresh routine and
then afterwards populate a table or log with the
current time.

HTH,

-- Anita

Author: A. Bardeen