-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 3:55 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi List,

As the part of developing hot backup strategy, I am testing the following
piece of code
to take care of arch files to be made avaialable along with backup set.

=====================
SQL> create or replace procedure log_switch as
  2  cursor1 integer;
  3  begin
  4  cur1 := dbms_sql.open_cursor;
  5  dbms_sql.parse(cur1,'ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE', dbms_sql.v7);
  6  dbms_sql.close_cursor(cur1);
  7  end;
  8  /

Procedure created.

SQL> execute log_switch;

======================

But, I have observed several times that the above code is not forcing a log
switch.
FYI, I want to track the sequence# of logfiles before and after the hot
backup, so that
I can backup the files in that range.

Am I properly using the DBMS_SQL?
Any help is highly appreciated