-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 2:16 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

All,

Awhile back, on the "other" list, there was a discussion regarding the
number of data files that an Oracle database might contain.

Someone posted a warning that too many data files might actually hurt
performance in that it might inflate the amount of work to be done at SCN
update time.

How would I test this?  What "wait value" might be too high to indicate that
this is taking too long?

I am not having an immediate problem, but know of a group that might be.

thanks for any help

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F