David,

As I had mentioned, the dbassist utility fails in the
3rd step at 82%. At this point, it gives the error
"Oracle not Available" and the only option that I had
was to Ignore & Abort. I clicked on Ignore for a
longtime.

Later I found from the web that the semmsl & semmns
values were too less and increased to 160 & 310
respectively. I rebooted and restarted the dbassist
utility and it went thru all the 4 steps successfully.

Assuming now I can work on the DB, I tried starting
the Database with svrmgrl

SVRMGRL> CONNECT INTERNAL

SVRMGRL> startup pfile =
"export/home/oracle/admin/FRAME/initFRAME.ora".

The error that I got is
ORA-07217:sltln - Environment Variable cannot be
evaluated.

I dont know what this error means or where to look for
the error.

Thanks,
gopi

P.S : Is there a way I can copy the solaris files onto
a DOS floppy. I work in the US.

=== message truncated ===

http://buzz.yahoo.com/
Author: Pankaj Kumar