What version of Oracle? What version of Windows?

Todd Carlson
Oracle 8i Certified DBA
Bunge North America

                       "Boivin,              To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L
                    Patrice J"               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    mpo.gc.ca>               Subject:     RE: transfer of large
datafile Oracle7.3.4.4
                       Sent by:              databases to 8.1.7.    1.3

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                       06/18/2001

                    12:50 PM

                       Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

FYI,

Oracle Support confirmed that I hit a 2G file size limit for Oracle
databases on NT.  This "probably" led to data dictionary corruption.

I don't know if this is an NTFS limitation or Oracle on NT problem, but at
this point I don't care, I can fix this by creating multiple smaller
datafiles per tablespace.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>