Kevin,

Note 46001.1 "Oracle Database and the Windows NT
memory architecture, Technical Bulletin" is an
excellent resource.

ORA_WORKINGSETMAX is set to a value in MB (complete
details in the note).

Do you have QSLICE (part of the NT resource kit) or
another tool that will let you view the individual
threads in the oracle.exe process to see if it's all
of them growing or just a rogue thread?

Have you applied the 8.1.7.1.3 patchset?  There is one
memory leak listed in the patchset readme.

Available on metalink - (using the flashing red link
after clicking on Patches)

8.1.7.1.1:  patch #1711240  (must be applied before
applying 8.1.7.1.3)

8.1.7.1.3:  patch #1797438

HTH,

-- Anita