wow. great post.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 11:50 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Tom,

The information you need should be in the trace file,
but it's not in the excerpt you've listed, but the
true problem is listed:

> Rows waited on:
> Session 27: no row

"No row" indicates that the deadlock is due to a lack
of available ITL slots in the datablock.

Unfortunately resolving this requires recreating the
object with either a high initrans value (to
explicitly reserve space for more ITL slots) or a
higher pctfree value (to give the ITL table more room
to grow).

Depending on the application it could also be that
multiple sessions are acquiring the same block off the
free list so using multiple free lists could also
help.  Starting with 8.1.6 this setting can be changed
dynamically; prior to that you must recreate the
object.

Note: 62365.1 also has some good info

HTH,

-- Anita

--- "Mercadante, Thomas F" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: A. Bardeen

Author: Mohan, Ross