-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 11:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tom,

Bingo!  You were the first person to notice that a
shutdown immediate was issued.  If Oracle crashes the
db you'll either get an error or nothing at all, but
never a shutdown immediate.

Dave, you need to check for cron jobs or OEM jobs that
can shutdown the db as well as checking who has
privileges to shutdown the db, as Tom suggested.

The emno process failing and the highwater mark are
not related because something or someone shutdown the
db either manually or automated.  I guarantee you this
is what Oracle Support is going to tell you.

HTH,

-- Anita

--- "Mercadante, Thomas F" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: Farnsworth, Dave