The main problem with Oracle 816 64 bit Solaris is
that is it so late behind in term of patches.

8163 is not available yet !

 --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit : > Last time that I
installed Oracle 8.1.6 on a Sun 64
> bit OS I installed the
> 64 bit version.  If you pressed me real hard as to
> why I did that, the best
> that I could say is that it seemed like a good idea
> at the time.  Some
> vague idea that the 64 bit version would work better
> (more optimally) with
> the 64 bit OS.  I haven't seen anything to make me
> think that the 32 bit
> version would have been a better choice.
>
> On the other hand, it was a new installation, not a
> migration of an
> existing database.  I don't know if there are any
> problems with migrating a
> 32 bit version database to 64 bit.
>
> Finally, the Oracle installation manual seems to
> assume the 32 bit version.
> As I remember we had to tweak the kernel parameters
> to get the database to
> mount and open.  Don't remember which.  Fortunately,
> you don't have to
> reboot to get the changes to take effect.
>
> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
>
> Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California        -- Public Internet

> from).  You may
> (like subscribing).

=====
Stéphane Paquette
DBA Oracle, consultant entrepôt de données
Oracle DBA, datawarehouse consultant

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?paquette=20stephane?=