Dick Goulet

Author: "Rachel Carmichael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:       7/19/2001 12:21 PM

Eric,

Where you been???? Welcome back.

>Be aware that if you do not pay for continuing support, and then you
>later (years later) decide you need a suport contract again *for the
>platform you started on*, Oracle has been known to retroactively
>charge (at a percentage at least 50%?) for the years of "missed"
>support. nasty surprise.

try 100%... you have to pay for the support as if you had had it. If you
work for a big enough company, it's possible to negotiate a settlement and
pay less (I did it, but it took me 6 months to work it out).

Oh, and if you don't have support, you can always "just" pay for an Oracle
Consultant to come in and help you -- at a VERY high rate.

Rachel

Author: Rachel Carmichael