My experience with getting data into Oracle on an NT platform.

If a small number of rows are being inserted or updated, use an application
or SQL script.

If the data already exists in some form outside of Oracle, transform the
data into some form of a flat file and use SQL*Loader.

If the data already exists in another Oracle database, export it and import
it into your database (gotta be careful about tablespaces, schemas and not
messing up existing data but that goes with the territory).

Other methods include loading it into Access or some other MS product and
using an ODBC connection to update Oracle.  I've seen that used for
everything from single row updates to medium sized (10M) bulk loads.

                    "O'Neill,

                    Sean"                 To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

                    <Sean.ONeill@o        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    rganon.ie>            cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     Data load options

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    om

                    07/25/2001

                    06:16 AM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

I'm trying to compile a list of options for loading data into an Oracle
database on NT platform.  What I've come up with so far is:
[1] SQL script that performs inserts, updates.
[2] SQL Loader utility
[3] Import utility

Are there others?
Anyone care to share experience based opinions on pros and cons of the
methods?

Sean :)

Rookie Data Base Administrator
[0%] OCP Oracle8i DBA
[0%] OCP Oracle9i DBA

"Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too."  - BB King

Author: O'Neill, Sean