-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 4:37 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

We had a study made by a third party between Sun
cluster and Veritas cluster both version 2.X and 3.x

After that study, we have chosen Veritas cluster 2.x

Sun Cluster 3 requires Solaris 8, all our boxes are on
7 and Sun Cluster 2.X doesn't handle T300 disk box
which we have.  Sun software doesn't handle all Sun
hardware...

 --- KC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : > Steve,

> Thanks for your input, I had previously used HP
> Service Guard on HP-UX platform, it worked for us. I
> am now on Sun platform and looking at HA solution
> using either Sun or Veritas clustering solution, I
> also heard that the older version of Sun clustering
> is not very sophisticated compared to other
> clustering solution, are you using 2.x or the latest
> 3.0, from what I read on Sun web site, v3.0 seems to
> do a lot more than the old version, any comments
> from the list?? The other things I need to check is
> rather OPS is supported with Veritas Cluster on Sun
> platform, anyone know??
>
> KC

=====
Stéphane Paquette
DBA Oracle, consultant entrepôt de données
Oracle DBA, datawarehouse consultant

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?paquette=20stephane?=

Author: Austin, Steve S