You can use the Rank () function to rank your rows
based on a simple or complex criteria in a subquery or
an inline view and then extract the requisite set by
using a simple condition on the Rank col. Below is a
simple example just to give you some idea of what is
possible. You may want to take a look at some ref
manual to explore this for meeting your particular
requirement (Best place is Datawarehousing Guide):

SELECT keycol,
       some_other_col(s)
  FROM (SELECT keycol,
               some_other_col(s),
               RANK() OVER (ORDER BY keycol) AS
Ranking
          FROM mytable
         WHERE condition(s)
        )
  WHERE ranking between 11 and 20; <== alter this
cond. to get a different set. You can use more complex
criteria in ranking/ordering your rows.

--- Jan Pruner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anybody know how to do it better way?
>
> > But this will return only the first ten rows not
> subsequent sets. How do I
> > display rows from 11 to 20, 21 to 30 and so on?
>
> ROWNUM is counting output tuples. You cannot use
> ROWNUM > 10.
>
> I think you have to order select by your primary
> key, make filter based on
> your primary key and  take only first 10 tuples
> using ROWNUM.
>
> JP

=====

Sundeep Maini
Consultant
Currently on Assignement at Marshfield Clinic WI

http://im.yahoo.com
Author: sundeep maini