-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 11:40 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

Chris & list,

The last time I checked, an ANALYZE also invalidates
the SQL in the shared pool, to force a parse and
rebuild of the execution plan, on the next execution
of the SQL statement.

Regards,

Gaja

--- Christopher Spence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> !! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!
>
> If the statement is not exactly the same, the new
> statement will be
> reparsed.
>
> If you are executing it under a different user the
> statement will be
> reparsed.
>
> If you drop/create an index, it will invalidate the
> explain plan if that was
> part of the chosen path.
>
> I believe statistics also invalidates the plans as
> well, but not 100% sure
> on that.
>
> "Do not criticize someone until you walked a mile in
> their shoes, that way
> when you criticize them, you are a mile a way and
> have their shoes."
>
> Christopher R. Spence
> Oracle DBA
> Phone: (978) 322-5744
> Fax:    (707) 885-2275
>
> Fuelspot
> 73 Princeton Street
> North, Chelmsford 01863

=====
Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
Director, Storage Management Products,
Quest Software, Inc.
Co-author - Oracle Performance Tuning 101
http://www.osborne.com/database_erp/0072131454/0072131454.shtml

Author: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha

Author: Hillman, Alex