Hi everyone --

Well, it's been an challenging month for all of us, hasn't it? ;-)  I
promised to give you all a summary, and my apologies for taking so long to
get back to you on this.  The postal donations took a while to get to me,
and I'm actually still getting PayPal donations even today, so it's taken a
while to add everything up.  Then there was that unfortunate event on the
east coast.  It didn't seem appropriate to talk about all the donations I
was getting in the face of all of that, especially as I imagine many of you
have graciously donated to charities in support of that relief effort, or
had your own challenges to face.  I hope everyone is safe and cared
following the events that transpired.

As was evidenced by the outpouring of support when I first posted, you guys
have come through with amazing generosity.  The PayPal donations totalled
$1700, and the postal donations totalled about $500 more.  The breakdown by
type was 54 one-time, 6 monthly and 3 one-time plus monthly.  Obviously, the
vast majority of the donations were one-time donations, although the people
that agreed to donate for a number of months were enthusiastic.  Those will
be incredibly helpful.  Several people wanted to start hosting a website
with Fat City, which is really awesome, and to all of you, I will be getting
back to you this week.  If you're one of ones who expressed an interest at
hosting at Fat City, I'm ready for you now. :-)

As I promised, I went ahead and moved Fat City into its temporary home in
the colocation facility.  The new dedicated connection is under
construction, but probably won't be finished until mid or late October.  In
the meantime, I'm working hard on improving the services, adding account
maintenance tools, etc.  You should be noticing some speed improvements, but
the best are yet to come.  I will again notify the list when there is any
anticipated downtime.  There might be some downtime this weekend, but I'm
not scheduling anything as of yet.

I'll keep you informed of any new information.  Again, thank everyone for
your support.

cheers,
bruce

Author: Bruce Bergman