We have HP server with NT 4.0 installed.  This server dedicate for ORACLE
use.  The ORACLE version is 8.1.5 (no patch installed). we found the
performance NOT really good. I turn on the "performance monitor" and found
the "memory page fault" and "memory pages/sec" are very high while SQL
statement running (even only one user running).  The Server have following
configurations:

    HP LH 3000
    2 CPU
    500 Mhz
    512 MB RAM
    1200 swap space on C:
    ORACLE software and NT on C: (9GB, 7200RPM??)
    ORACLE data on d: (8 X 9GB RAID 5, 7200RPM??)
    ORACLE SGA 250MB

Can anyone give me some hints why:

   1. page fault very high?
   2. SQL statement run very slow (I turn on TKPROF to trace and found
it is NOT ORACLE SQL statement inefficient problem)?

Thanks.

Author: aaa aaa