                From:   Molina, Gerardo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Wednesday, October 31, 2001 4:20 PM
                To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
                Subject:        RE: Script for next_extent of objects <=
free space available

                Try this query to show objects whose next extent is larger
than the largest
                free extent in the respective tablespace.

                set linesize 120
                col owner format a10
                col segment_name format a20
                col type format a7
                col tablespace format a15
                select a.tablespace_name tablespace,
                segment_type type,owner,segment_name,
                a.next_extent/1024 next,big_chunk from dba_segments a,
                (select tablespace_name, max(bytes/1024)
                as big_chunk from dba_free_space
                group by tablespace_name ) b, dba_tablespaces c
                where a.segment_type in ('TABLE','INDEX')
                and b.tablespace_name = a.tablespace_name
                and a.tablespace_name = c.tablespace_name
                and c.status != 'READ ONLY'
                and a.next_extent/1024 > b.big_chunk;

                HTH
                Gerardo