From: Nirmal Kumar Muthu Kumaran [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 1:00 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: utl_file example

Hi,

Verify "UTL_FILE_DIR" init.ora parameter is defined properly.

In FOPEN function specify, filepath and filename as separate.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ;
  1  DECLARE
  2      fid UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;
  3  BEGIN
  4      fid := UTL_FILE.FOPEN('c:\','test.log','w');
  5      UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(fid, 'Test file for usage of UTL_FILE package');
  6      UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(fid);
  7* END;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> /

[EMAIL PROTECTED]>