A sort extent pool latch?  That's weird.  You can get the sid of the guy
holding the latch by joining v$latch.addr (or v$latchchildren if it's a
latch with children - sort extent is not) against v$latchholder.laddr.

something like

select sid from v$latch l, v$latchholder lh where l.addr = lh.laddr and
l.name = 'sort extent pool';

Author: George Schlossnagle